by viv sade
For the first time in my life, I decided this year not to have the same old New Year’s resolutions that always manage to crash to the earth and die a horrible death by Jan. 3rd.
I am happy to say that it is almost June and I have succeeded at accomplishing all of my resolutions for 2012.
I do hereby resolve in the year 2012 that I will POSITIVELY, ABSOLUTELY do the following:
1. Get one year older.
2. At least once a week forget the names or ages or birthdays of my kids or siblings.
3. When writing a check, I will actually sometimes forget the %$#@ year!
4. Sleep less (refer to #15).
5. Reveal what Victoria’s secret is.
6. Never forget to eat.
7. Belt any skinny chick who says, “I try to remember to eat, but I just forget.”
8. Never get on the scales when I remember and remember and remember and remember to eat.
9. Dance more. And not only when I’ve been over-served at the wine tasting bar.
10. Confuse my job with my life.
11. Fail to end world hunger.
12. Succeed at ending my hunger.
13. Quit acting like I’m enthralled when a politician wants to talk about tax abatements.
14. Quit acting like I’m enthralled when a politician wants to talk about anything.
15. Drink a minimum of eight pots of coffee a day.
16. Never admit that all restaurant menus are starting to look like this:
17. Leave the mementos in the shoebox marked, “Baby Boy, 1987” and throw away the new scrapbook and scrapbook supplies.
18. Never dress in buffalo pelts (proven to add 15 pounds), buy 100 pounds of beef jerky or an AK-47, even if the world is ending.
19. Throw off the guilt while feeling smug about myself when watching a “Hoarders” marathon.
20. Decline to join a nudist colony.
21. Continue passing off the dust bunnies under my bed as beloved stuffed animals from my childhood.
22. Call 1-800-Psychic and tell her she should already know my Visa number.